Thursday, July 28, 2016

Singapore Days 4 & 5 - Getting in the flow


Well I’m finally starting to be completely adjusted to the time shift and feeling pretty good. Go figure I come to a warm place on the equator and I get a cold. Good times, but it’s a mild one so it won’t slow me down from exploring this new place.

I’m putting a few days together here because there is only so much time to explore after the work day is done. For the record they work 9-6 here, so that’s a slight difference. I know that my brain is ready to roll out come 5pm. Whatcha gonna do.

So, what’s been happening? Well I have had a chance to explore more of the Marina Bay Sands area. It’s a great spot, very beautiful for being in the middle of a busy city. Have a look at come of the pictures on Google. I’d recommend it to anyone to see if you ever get the chance. There is a huge garden and botanical park there as well, I will likely visit that tonight and share some pictures with you.

One observation I have is about the malls…there are seemingly hundreds of them, and they are all massive. The High end ones, I’m sure nobody buys anything because the prices are nuts. Seems like a lot when you consider that Singapore is 730 square KM. Toronto for example is 630 square km. Just an observation.

Day 4/5 Learnings:
  • Cash is a must for transit and for taking advantage of the cheap and glorious food at the food stands. 
  • $500 dollar fine for eating or drinking on the train, water included. 
  • There are tons of city initiatives for healthy living and awareness for different sicknesses, more than I’ve seen anywhere else
  • People are somehow more polite than most Canadians
  • Rice for breakfast is different yet yummy
  • Being away from family is hard, but seeing them on a video call is an amazing thing. Thanks internet. Also my wife is a saint. 
Upcoming:

No comments:

Post a Comment