Monday, September 7, 2009

It's gonna be biblical...movie review/preview #2


Previews...

Clyde Shelton: You're the one who makes deals with murderers yea? Well I've come to make mine. Release me.
Nick Rice: [smugly] Or what?
Clyde Shelton: Or I kill everyone.

[from trailer]
Nick Rice: You end this!
Clyde Shelton: [smiles] I'm just gettin' warmed up.

[from trailer]
Clyde Shelton: It's gonna be biblical.

You may be asking, what movies could this amzing collection of dialogue be from? Well my friends it it from none other than Law Abiding Citixen...It starts Oct 16th, so mark it down. Gerard Butler looks to kick an awful lot of tail feather in this one, co-starred by Jamie Foxx...

I know I haven't seen this yet, but my keep sense of movie smell tell me that after seeing said movie, we are all going to want to use at least 3 lines from this movie in a confrontational conversation with anyone...I'm just getting warmed up!!


This one comes out on Wednesday, I spoke about it before. You may read this and say, Joe, what the hech are you talking about...you are going to tell me to spent 13 bucks to go see an animated movie...I would stare directly back at you and say hell yes I am...this is a Tim Burton movie so it can't be governed by conventional logic, much like the man himself.

IMDB.com describes the plat as...A post-apocalyptic nightmare in which all of humanity is threatened...I describe it as some crazy cool little burlap sack people running around killing machines who threathen to end hmanity and the one they call 9 (oddly 9 was my mens league softball number, it's Jana's favorite # and it was my sisters bball number, coincidence that 9 is so important...I think not!) has the key to save us all...the last part is a guess by me, but I'm usually right.

WATCH IT!

Here is my last one and I am jacked about this one...The Men Who Stare at Goats...now before you pass judgement on the title alone, watch the MOVIE TRAILER (liked in) and then tell me that doesn't look hilarious!!

Geroge Clooney as a crazy psychic soldier, Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges looks hilarious...the entire concept sounds wickedly amusing...enough said!

WATCH IT!

Honorable mentions: Zombieland, The Wolfman, Extract, Shelock Holmes...They all look very good

Review:

Inglorious Basterds...I am not going to say a lot about this movie because I don't want to give anything away for you...but I will say, Brad Pitt was perfect for this film, The story was bulletproof and the dialogue was what you would expect from Tarantino only on steroids!! It's easily as good and in my opinon better than any of his other films.

I give it a solid 9/10 and I strongly recommend it!!

Weekend in Review:

Well here is the coles notes version, Friday Jana and I rrocked out some sweet Italian food, Saturday we enjoyed the hot and spicy food festival and last night we watch The Killers live in concert at the Molson Ampitheatre...much to Pat's dismay, I gave the show 7/10...and that was plenty high...deal with it...

Random thought #12: I think Jeff Goldblum is a bit of an odd fit on Law and Order:CI, but who am I to judge...I can't help but think of him being chased around by T Rex's and whatnot, he basically plays the same character minus the carnage of the dinos...and this show will not spawn the the Name of a new NBA team like the movie did...lol Raptros, way to name your team!!

JLS (aka the digital universe)

No comments:

Post a Comment