Friday, August 28, 2009

Swing a cat and other words of wisdom...fear the flying squirrel...


Well it has often been said that you can't swing a cat in the subway without hitting a special person...and people are always right out sideways trying to get on the train...sometimes I really cabbage other peoples cool toys.

Now I realize that to a lot of you people reading this, that group of words likely didn't make any sense, and that's because it wouldn't make any sense to you unless you were from the east coast of Canada...New Brunswick more specifically and Carleton County if you want to be precise...to shed some light on this keep reading and then visit www.dooryard.ca...

Every group of people has their own slang, every country, province, city, school, group of friends right down to the individual have their own odd things they say that make other people look at them like they have 5 heads...I for instance say things like...'it's better than a kick in the nuts'...or 'i wouldn't kick her outta bed for eating crackers' (sorry mom)...and 'she'd do in a pinch'...'giver'...or a classic like 'we go way back, way back in the woods and bend em over a tree stump' (innappropriate I know, but I was young :)

Now when I say these things around people who have never met me/heard these words together before...they generally cock their heads and say 'what the ...?...' which is precisely what I was hoping for. People talk like this in my opinion to make others not know what the heck they are talking about.

So you say, that makes no sense...the whole point of people being able to talk is to communicate and get their feelings/points/message across to their audience...well that's not for me. For some strange reason I am all about making the person have to think about what my message might be, simply because I can. I consider myself a very cunning linguist...and I like to test it on a daily basis...ask anyone who has spent more than an hour with me and they may just tend to agree...or they are lying...

So think about people you know and I 100% guarantee you that if you do now hang around with boring, monotonous people that you will be able to think of one person who says things that are unique to them or to your group of friends...newfies ask people 'what are you at' for what are you doing and 'where ya to' for where are you or 'I'm gonna get a shower' like they have to go buy when instead of just having a shower...so they are all around us...they live inside us...which is odd, maybe that's why I am gaining weight (stupid extra person inside me)

New Brunswick is very full this type of thing and people often say to me, man you NBers sure do talk funny...are you guys retarded or something...I respond with, we aren't retarded buddy, we just like to head to the camp with a case of beer and play bammington in the willy wags while we hang with our cuzzint's, and big whoop if you think we are retarded...I'm gonna be fair t' middlin' no matter what...champ!...enjoy your b'dayduh break...

JLS...the mystery wrapped up in an enigma inside and iron box with 14 locks on it while the half ton mom sits on top of it...get into it

Random thought # 9 or 10: puckerbrush, right out straight, so drunk that drunk is sober, common sense ain't so common, fill yer boots, dog wettin' and piss cut are also classic and amazing sayings I have heard in a sentence...look em up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment